Dreamscape
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dreamscape RP Plot and Information

3 posters

Go down

Dreamscape RP Plot and Information Empty Dreamscape RP Plot and Information

Post  Feliciano Vargas Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:31 pm

Imagine awaking in the middle of a strange forest. Your head is throbbing. You feel nauseous, almost drunk. You know your name. You know that you have a brother. You were going to visit him. You know the name of the town you were headed to. You know the town you're from. Nothing else. That's all you know.
That, and that something is terribly, terribly wrong.

Dreamscape takes place in a fantasy country named Galleia, a land governed by an oppressive theocracy. The church has control over many aspects of citizen's lives, and keeps them in the dark on numerous subjects. The people are not allowed to read the Bible and they are told that only God's chosen members of the church are capable of using magic. Scared of the church's power, the citizens have stayed quiet for decades, and such has become the norm.
To the north, across the sea, is a mysterious, forbidden, pagan land, known by most simply as "The Far North," where magic is taught openly. Because of this, the church has condemned it. Rumor has it that a horrible storm has ravished much of the country, and sent survivors fleeing to Galleia for safety.

The time period is a cross between modern and early industrial revolution. Guns are banned by the church and very rare, however, they do exist. Clothing varies depending on region and climate. Some constants are jeans, boots, and soft, comfortable, loose tops, especially so in the south and west. Colors are generally neutral or light. Church members wear intricate robes, with color indicating level (purple representing magic using Bishops). The east is more oriental in style and warmer as well as more colorful. The Far North's fashion is slightly more primitive, with fur-lined coats and cloaks and some light armor.

The story will take a darker turn and explore the world of the subconscious and dreaming.

For now, we will assume that the characters are humans, not Nations.
Known magic-using characters (excluding the northernmost countries, who would hail from The Far North in Dreamscape) should be assumed to be part of the church for obvious reasons.

Map Of Galleia HERE
protip: right click and hit "open in new tab/window" it seems to load better

CHARACTER LIST:

Italy: Feliciano Vargas
America: Alfred F. Jones
England: Arthur Kirkland
Russia: Ivan B
Norway: Lukas Bondevik

If you have any questions at all, please post them as a reply, or send me a PM. (:
Feliciano Vargas
Feliciano Vargas
Admin

https://aphdreamscape.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Dreamscape RP Plot and Information Empty Re: Dreamscape RP Plot and Information

Post  Arthur Kirkland Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:26 pm

So Im goin to assume Im from the north lands? Very Happy
Arthur Kirkland
Arthur Kirkland
Human
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Feliciano Vargas Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:48 pm

I was actually thinking that England would be a magic user in the church and that mostly the Nordics, Baltics, Russia, etc would be from The Far North. But in the end, everything's really up to you.
Feliciano Vargas
Feliciano Vargas
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Arthur Kirkland Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:08 am

Aye but his Brother is Scotland and his Mother is Britannia, Which are all former pagan nations Very Happy Not to mention brothers Wales and Eire.

When England was A child he was Saxon/Celtic just being a little historic ^^ But if you don't mind I would prefer the North Smile
Arthur Kirkland
Arthur Kirkland
Human
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Feliciano Vargas Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:42 pm

Oh, okay. I was basing it mostly off geography and modern times, since it is a more modern roleplay (also the fact that we have no one representing the church D: ) but your reasoning makes sense.
Feliciano Vargas
Feliciano Vargas
Admin

Back to top Go down

Dreamscape RP Plot and Information Empty Question

Post  Alfred F. Jones Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:01 pm

As America, would I be from Allegany, to the West? Or would I be from somewhere more like Wrenn? ;D

Also, what is Allegany like? It seems that, as an island, it would be a little less restrictive than Galleia, but I don't want to go against what you might have had in mind. Very Happy
Alfred F. Jones
Alfred F. Jones
Human
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Feliciano Vargas Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:52 pm

That sounds fine to me! I'm thinking that the main story will take place in Galleia somewhere. As for the idea of Allegany being a little less strict, that sounds like a good idea.
Feliciano Vargas
Feliciano Vargas
Admin

Back to top Go down

Dreamscape RP Plot and Information Empty Cool

Post  Alfred F. Jones Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:02 pm

Alright. Since the main story will take place on Galleia, I'll have to find Alfred a ride. Thanks Very Happy
Alfred F. Jones
Alfred F. Jones
Human
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Feliciano Vargas Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:16 am

Sure thing! And don't worry, there should be plenty of boats/ships in this world. ;D
Feliciano Vargas
Feliciano Vargas
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum